Chai tea lattes are seriously my favorite part of the weather getting colder. Ok, well dirty chai tea lattes are (aka a chai tea latte with an espresso shot added). I decided it was finally time to perfect a chai tea latte, and after many failed attempts, I finally got it!
What ingredients do I need to make this?
- Milk of choice
- Chai tea bag
- Sweetener of choice (sugar, honey, etc)
- Optional for topping: cinnamon or chai spice mix
What milk should I use?
Whatever you prefer or have on hand! I’ve made this recipe with oat milk and almond milk. I prefer oat milk, but both were great!
What sweetener should I use?
Again, whatever you like or have on hand! I’ve used granulated sugar and honey and both are great!
If you like this recipe, you might also like:
Homemade Chai Latte
- 1 cup milk of choice unsweetened
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 chai bag
- 2 teaspoon sweetener ex: honey, sugar. More to taste
- Optional for topping: cinnamon or chai spice
- In a small pot, bring water to a boil, and pour into mug. Steep tea bag for 5 minutes to make concentrated tea.
- While tea is steeping, warm milk on medium heat in a small pot. When bubbles start to form on the sides, whisk vigorously until foam layer forms on top.
- Remove tea bag from water and stir in sugar to the tea. Then, pour milk into the mug using a spatula to keep the foam out of the mug with the tea. Mix, then pour foam on top.
- If using, sprinkle cinnamon or chai spice on top of the latte. Enjoy!