Looking for the perfect breakfast burrito? Look no further. This burrito is loaded with eggs, bacon, pinto beans, veggies, chipotle sauce and more! Plus, grilling the outside adds the perfect crunch and helps avoid a soggy texture. This is a great hearty breakfast with restaurant quality taste!
What ingredients do I need to make this burrito?
- Bell pepper
- 12” flour tortillas
- Jack cheese
- Pinto beans
- Yellow onion
- Jack cheese
- Olive oil
- Chipotle sauce (you can also buy a store-bought chipotle sauce)
- Salsa of your choice
Can I use a different kind of bean?
Of course! I prefer the whole pinto beans for this but I have also used black beans in a pinch.
How to assemble this burrito:
Lay the tortilla flat and add the avocado.
Next, I typically add the potatoes but I forgot them so I put them in at the end! Then, add the egg and vegetable mixture.
Add the bacon on top of the egg mixture.
Next, add the beans.
Add the chipotle sauce.
Add the salsa.
Add the cheese next.
Then, if you’re like me and forgot the potatoes, add them on at the end!
If you like this recipe, you may also like:
The Best Breakfast Burrito
- 1 12" flour tortilla
- 1 egg
- 1 slice bacon
- ¾ cup diced Russet potato
- ½ cup whole pinto beans
- ½ medium avocado
- ¼ cup jack cheese
- ¼ cup bell pepper
- ⅛ cup chopped cilantro
- 2-3 tablespoon salsa of choice
- 1 ½ tablespoon diced yellow onion
- 1-2 tablespoon chipotle sauce
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil on a skillet on medium heat, and add the diced potato. Cook, stirring occasionally, until you can easily pierce with a fork (about 10 minutes). Salt and pepper to taste.
- While the potatoes are cooking, heat the other teaspoon of olive oil in a separate skillet, and add the bell pepper and onion. Cook for about 2 minutes. In a small bowl, add the egg, cilantro, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper and whisk. Pour into the skillet with the bell pepper and scramble to desired consistency. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook the bacon. Remove from pan and chop into small pieces (about 1").
- In a small pan, heat the beans, then strain.
- Lay the tortilla flat, and add the avocado (I like to mash them so the other ingredients stay in place better), potatoes, egg mixture, bacon, beans, chipotle sauce, salsa, and cheese.
- Wrap the burrito, then in an un-greased pan on medium heat, cook until golden brown on both sides.
Leave a Reply