Do I need to say anything more than the title? If I do, it’s even better than it sounds. The salty and sweet cookies with caramel and vanilla ice cream perfectly combines to make an ice cream sandwich you won’t forget. It’s like your favorite chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich from childhood but even better! Give this decadent dessert a try a don’t forget to leave a review.
What do I need to make this recipe?
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Caramel sauce
- Chocolate chips
- Baking soda
Can I use a different type of ice cream?
I’ve never made these with a different type of ice cream, so I can’t recommend anything else. But, if you have an ice cream you think will be good with it, knock yourself out! I chose vanilla ice cream for these because I didn’t want to overpower the flavor of the pretzel chocolate chip cookies and caramel. You definitely want to taste the cookie and caramel!
Where can I find the pretzel chocolate chip cookie recipe?
Right here! It’s also linked in the recipe below. These cookies are great on their own, but MAN they are so good in this ice cream sandwich.
Do I need to let the cookies cool before adding the caramel and ice cream?
Yes! If you don’t, the ice cream sandwich will be very messy and fall apart and you’ll have a very sad ice cream sandwich.
If you like this recipe, you may also like:
Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookie Caramel Ice Cream Sandwich
- ½ cup softened butter 1 stick
- ½ cup softened margarine 1 stick
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup crushed pretzels
- 2 cups chocolate chips of choice semi-sweet or dark chocolate
- Vanilla ice cream
- Caramel sauce
- Make the pretzel chocolate chip cookies (Click here for full recipe).
- Let the cookies cool when done, and place in the freezer for at least 10 minutes to harden.
- Remove ice cream from freezer for at least 5 minutes to let soften.
- Once cookies have cooled, spread caramel sauce on bottom of two cookies. On top of the caramel on one cookie, Place a scoop (or more) of vanilla ice cream. Place the other cookie (caramel side down) on top of the ice cream and press down until ice cream is about to reach the edge of the cookies.
- Repeat to make as many ice cream sandwiches as you want!
- Immediately wrap ice cream sandwiches in seran wrap or parchment paper. Place in freezer to let ice cream sandwiches fully freeze (they'll be very messy if you eat them right away). Then, remove and enjoy!