This festive twist on an espresso martini is perfect for the holidays! It’s simple, easy to make, and absolutely delicious. Go the extra step and make the chocolate and candy cane rim to make it extra special!
What ingredients do I need to make this recipe?
- Peppermint Schnapps
- Simple syrup
- Optional for the rim: chocolate (milk or dark) and crushed candy cane
What is an espresso martini?
An espresso martini is typically made with vodka, espresso, kahlua, and simple syrup. This is a festive holiday twist on the classic!
What if I don’t have an espresso maker?
No problem! Buy some instant espresso powder and follow the directions on the package to make espresso for this martini. If you don’t have espresso or instant espresso, you can either use strong cold brew or strongly brewed coffee.
Do I need to use a shaker?
I like to use a shaker for this, because it chills everything and allows that delicious foam to form on top! If you don’t have a shaker, make it in anything with a secure lid!
If you like this recipe, you might also like:
Peppermint Espresso Martini
- 1.5 oz vodka
- 1 oz espresso cooled
- 0.5 oz kahlua
- 0.25 oz peppermint schnapps more to taste
- 0.25 oz simple syrup more to taste
- Optional for rim: chocolate milk or dark and crushed candy canes
For rim (optional)
- If making the chocolate candy cane rim, melt chocolate using double boiler method or very carefully in the microwave.
- Dip the top of the martini glass and chocolate, then roll through crushed candy cane.
- Add ice to the cocktail shaker.
- Pour vodka, espresso, peppermint schnapps, kahlua, and simple syrup into the shaker.
- Shake hard until foam forms and strain into martini glass.
Leave a Reply