This festive twist on an espresso martini is perfect for the holidays! It’s simple, easy to make, and absolutely delicious. Go the extra step and make the chocolate and candy cane rim to make this peppermint espresso martini extra special!
This recipe was inspired by my Bailey's Espresso Martini on this site, espresso martinis are so much fun to make different versions of! This is the perfect dessert drink to serve during the holidays.
- Peppermint Schnapps
- Simple syrup
- Optional for the rim: chocolate (milk or dark) and crushed candy cane
What is an espresso martini?
An espresso martini is typically made with vodka, espresso, kahlua, and simple syrup. This is a festive holiday twist on the classic!
What if I don’t have an espresso maker?
No problem! Buy some instant espresso powder and follow the directions on the package to make espresso for this martini. If you don’t have espresso or instant espresso, you can either use strong cold brew or strongly brewed coffee.
Do I need to use a shaker?
You absolutely need to shake this drink well, but you don't need a shaker to do that! If you don’t have a shaker, make it in anything with a secure lid (ex: jar with lid)!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
Pair this festive peppermint espresso martini with a holiday treat:
Peppermint Espresso Martini
- 1.5 oz vodka
- 1 oz espresso cooled
- 0.5 oz kahlua
- 0.25 oz peppermint schnapps more to taste
- 0.25 oz simple syrup more to taste
- Optional for rim: milk or dark chocolate and crushed candy canes
For rim (optional)
- Melt chocolate using double boiler method or very carefully in the microwave.
- Crush candy cane and pour onto small plate.
- Dip the rim of the martini glass in the melted chocolate, then roll the rim through the crushed candy cane.
- Pour vodka, espresso, kahlua, peppermint schnapps, and simple syrup into a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice.
- Shake vigorously until foam forms and strain into martini glass.