Overripe bananas (very important, they need to be very overripe)
Pure peppermint extract
Dark chocolate chips
Pinch of salt
Optional: a couple drops of green food dye
Mint Chip Nice Cream
If you're a mint chip fan, you need to try this healthier alternative!
- 2 overripe bananas peeled
- ⅛ teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- Dark chocolate chips or do what I did and just chop up a dark chocolate bar
- Pinch of salt
- Optional: a couple drops of green food dye
- Freeze the overripe bananas.
- Once completely frozen, add the banana, peppermint extract, and a pinch of salt to a food processor or blender.
- Once completely smooth, you can add in the food dye to your desired color, or skip that step all together.
- Then mix in the chocolate by hand.
- Enjoy right away (I find this gives the best consistency) or freeze!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!