A simple, delicious dessert for your next barbecue! With only 4 ingredients, this dessert is incredibly easy to make. The brown sugar caramelizes on the grill to give the pineapple the perfect sweet outer layer. Whip this up, throw it on the grill, and serve! Give the recipe a try and don’t forget to leave a review.
What ingredients do I need to make this recipe?
- Pineapple: Make sure to use fresh pineapple to get the best results for this dessert!
- Brown sugar: This sugar gives a deep, caramel-like flavor to this dish.
- Butter: Salted or unsalted works just fine!
- Cinnamon: This recipe calls for a dash of cinnamon to elevate the flavor.
How to make caramelized brown sugar pineapple:
- Mix together the melted butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Brush the brown sugar mixture over each side of the sliced pineapple.
- Grill the pineapple for around 8 minutes (flip halfway through), and remove once golden brown.
Tips for this recipe:
- After grilling, I like to brush the pineapple with any leftover brown sugar mixture!
- Serve alone or with ice cream.
- Make sure to wipe the grill before using so you don’t get any unwanted flavors!
Can I use a different fat besides butter?
I have only used butter for this recipe, however if you want to make this recipe vegan, you can use a neutral oil like canola or vegetable oil! I would not use any stronger flavored oils because it could disrupt the flavor of this dish!
Can I make this recipe vegan?
Yes! Just replace the butter with canola or vegetable oil.
If you like this recipe, you might also like:
- Apricot Date Bars
- Grilled Peaches
- Mango Raspberry Popsicles
- Mom’s Apple Crisp
- Pineapple Chicken Skewers
Brown Sugar Grilled Pineapple
- 1 medium pineapple
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- ¼ cup butter melted
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Cut skin off pineapple and slice into about ½ inch spheres.
- Mix together brown sugar, melted butter, and cinnamon.
- Brush both sides of pineapple with brown sugar mixture.
- Grill for about 4 minutes on each side (until brown sugar caramelizes).
- Remove from grill and top with vanilla ice cream or serve alone!
Leave a Reply