Make this delicious chicken satay marinated in a green curry marinade and grilled to perfection.
This recipe is great anytime of year, but especially during those warmer months where you just want to grill! It can also be made on the stovetop.
- Bamboo skewers
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast or thighs
- Canned coconut milk
- Green curry paste
- Brown sugar
- Fish sauce
- Curry powder
- Chili garlic paste
- Natural creamy peanut butter
- Soy sauce
- Rice vinegar
See recipe card for quantities.
Whisk together all marinade ingredients.
Toss in chicken, cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Thread 1" chicken pieces onto bamboo skewers
Grill or cook on stovetop. Remove from heat and whisk together peanut sauce ingredients. Dip and enjoy!
Hint: Use a meat thermometer to check when chicken is done. Remove as soon as temperature reaches 165F for juiciest chicken!
- Spicy - add extra garlic chili paste to marinade and/or top finished recipe with chopped Thai chilis for more heat
Store the cooked chicken satay skewers in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Do not skip the peanut sauce! This recipe is meant to be paired with the sauce.
Thai Curry Chicken Satay
- 2 lb chicken boneless, skinless breasts or thighs
- bamboo skewers soaked in cold water for 2 hours
- ½ cup coconut milk canned
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon green curry paste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic paste
- 2 teaspoon fresh ginger grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- peanut sauce for dipping
- For serving: lime slices, crushed peanuts, sliced Thai chilis
- Cut the chicken into 1" bite size pieces
- In a large bowl, whisk together the marinade ingredients, then add chicken. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Drain the chicken from the marinade, discarding the marinade and thread chicken onto bamboo skewers.
- If using a grill, heat to medium high and brush with oil. If making on a stovetop, lightly coat pan with oil on medium high heat.
- Place skewers on grill or pan and cook, occasionally turning, for about 10-12 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 165F.
- Remove from heat, squeeze lime juice on top and garnish with crushed peanuts and (optional) sliced Thai chili peppers. Serve with peanut sauce for dipping.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods