My favorite thing at Taco Bell is the Crunchwrap Supreme. It’s layers of meat, cheese, nacho cheese, tostada shell, lettuce, tomatoes, and sour cream all wrapped up with a large flour tortilla. Then you add hot sauce and have yourself a delicious meal. I’m not kidding when I say I love Crunchwrap Supremes. I love them so much I had to make my own because my stomach cannot handle regular Taco Bell consumption. And it is GOOD. They’re easy to make, healthier than the original, and you can add extra filling like avocado, salsa, hot sauce on the inside, whatever your heart desires!
What ingredients do I need to make this?
- Ground chicken (or ground meat of choice)
- Taco seasoning (Store bought or homemade)
- Shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Tostada shells
- Lettuce (Romaine or iceberg)
- Roma tomato
- Plain Greek yogurt
- 12” flour tortillas
How do I make them?
1) Cook the meat on a pan on medium heat and mix with taco seasoning.
2) Warm the tortilla, and place on a flat surface.
3) Place ¼ of the meat in a 6 inch circle in the center of the tortilla.
4) Sprinkle ¼ of the cheese on top of the ground meat
5) Place a tostada shell on top of the cheese
6) Place ¼ of the lettuce on top of the tostada shell
7) Sprinkle ¼ of the diced tomatoes on the lettuce
8) Drizzle ¼ of the greek yogurt on top of the lettuce and tomatoes
9) Fold the edges of the tortilla toward the center, and place folded side down on a pan on medium heat until golden brown. Then flip, and heat the other side until golden brown. Remove from heat and enjoy!
If you like this recipe, you might also like:
Healthier Crunchwrap Supreme
- 4 12" tortillas flour or whole wheat
- 4 tostada shells
- 1 lb ground chicken or ground meat of choice
- 2 cups shredded lettuce iceberg or romaine
- 1 cup shredded Mexican style cheese blend
- 2 roma tomatoes chopped
- ¼-1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoon taco seasoning homemade or store-bought
- In a pan on medium heat, cook the meat. Add taco seasoning and mix in. Remove from heat.
- Warm tortilla so that it will not break.
- In the center of the tortilla, scoop ¼ of the meat.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup of cheese onto the meat. Place tostada shell ove the cheese and meat mixture.
- On top of the tostada shell, place ½ cup of the shredded lettuce and ¼ of the tomatoes.
- Evenly distribute 1-2 tablespoon of greek yogurt. Onto the lettuce and tomato mixture.
- Fold the edges of the tortilla up over the center.
- On a pan on medium heat, place crunchwrap folded side down until golden brown. Then flip and let sit until other side is golden brown.
- Remove from heat.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 4 crunchwraps total!
Leave a Reply