This dijon herb potato salad is dressed with a vinaigrette instead of mayonnaise, and it may just convert all you mayo lovers! I used to think I didn’t like potato salad, but it turns out I had just been eating the wrong kind! I love the fresh taste of this potato salad that the parsley and green onion give it, along with the crispness given by the red wine vinegar. The dijon gives it amazing flavor that will leave you asking for more!
What do I need to make this recipe?
- Red potatoes
- Olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Lemon juice
- Green onions
How do I store this potato salad?
To store simply place in a sealable container, cover, and refrigerate. You can store leftovers this way as well!
How long can I store this potato salad?
I typically make this potato salad the day before I am serving it or the day of. We have had leftovers for up to 3 days after and it’s been great!
Dijon Herb Potato Salad
- 3 lb red potato cut into about 1" cubes
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2-4 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ cup italian parsley finely chopped, packed
- ⅓ cup green onion chopped
- 3-4 stalks celery sliced horizontally and thin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place cubed potatoes in a large pot and fill with water (1” of water over potatoes).
- Bring to a boil and then bring to a simmer and cook 5-8 min. Potatoes are done when you can pierce easily with a fork (do not over cook).
- Strain potatoes and let cool.
- Mix together the dijon, red wine vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, and mixed garlic.
- Toss the dijon dressing, potatoes, green onion, and parsley until potatoes are coated.
- Mix in celery, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or store in airtight container in the refrigerator (I recommend making this the night before you plan to use it for best flavor)