This vegan soup is creamy, spicy, and loaded with vegetables. Every time I serve it to people, they absolutely love it! It’s a great way to get in your vegetables in the winter, and stores well in the refrigerator. You can always add more or less chipotle peppers, but I find that 2-3 gives it just the right amount of flavor and spice. Enjoy, and don’t forget to leave a review!
What Ingredients do I needs to make this?
- Low sodium vegetable broth
- Red onion
- Unsweetened milk of choice (I use almond milk)
- Canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Olive oil
- Optional for garnish: cilantro, green onion, croutons
Do I need to use low sodium vegetable broth?
You can use regular vegetable broth if you prefer, I like low sodium broths because I can always add more salt if needed but sometimes regular broths make soups too salty and there’s really no way to fix that!
If you like this recipe, you may also like:
- Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Chipotle Shrimp Tacos
- Healthy Chipotle Breakfast Sandwich
- Healthy Taco Soup
- Lemony Chicken and Orzo Soup
- Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
Chipotle Cauliflower Soup
- 1 large head cauliflower chopped into florets
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- ½ cup unsweetened milk of choice
- 2 large carrots chopped
- 2-3 chipotle peppers canned in adobo sauce
- 4-6 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional for garnish: cilantro green onion, croutons
- Preheat oven to 400. Mix cauliflower and 2 tablespoon olive oil until all are lightly coated. Lay on baking sheet and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Cook until tender (about 30 min).
- When cauliflower is almost ready, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large pot on medium heat and add in chopped onion.
- Cook until translucent, then add in the carrots. Add paprika and a pinch of salt. Then add the garlic and stir until fragrant. Add in the broth, cover, and bring to a simmer.
- Once simmering, add the cauliflower and keep covered. Let simmer and stir occasionally for 20 min.
- Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- Pour into food processor or blender. Blend until smooth, slowly adding in almond milk and lemon juice. Blend in the chipotle peppers. Add more lemon juice to taste. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with optional toppings, serve, and enjoy!
Leave a Reply