If you’re looking for a way to make your cocktails extra special, this is the simple syrup for it. Lavender simple syrup is perfect for a martini or whiskey drink. I also like to add some to lemon drops, they are definitely a crowd pleaser!
What do I need to make this recipe?
- Cane sugar
- Dried culinary lavender
What kind of cocktails should I use this in?
This floral simple syrup is very diverse, and can be used to replace regular simple syrup in a lot of recipes! As mentioned above, I use it to replace the regular simple syrup called for in lemon drops, making a delicious lavender lemon drop! My Earl Grey Lavender Martini also calls for it, and it is truly such a unique and delicious cocktail.
What is simple syrup?
Simple syrup is typically what is used to sweeten cocktails. It’s a mixture of equal parts cane sugar and water, heated together until the sugar is dissolved. This makes a liquid sugar, making it the perfect was to sweeten beverages without having to worry if the sugar will actually dissolve into the drink!
Tips for making this simple syrup:
- Remove the simple syrup from heat as soon as all the sugar is dissolved into the water! You don’t want to burn the sugar.
- Don’t skimp on the lavender! 4 tablespoon dried lavender can seem like a lot, but if you decrease the amount of lavender, you may not taste the lavender at all.
If you like this recipe, you might also like:
- Cran-Rosemary Spritzer
- Earl Grey Lavender Martini
- Peach Frosé
- Pineapple Jalapeño Margarita
- Pomegranate Mint Moscow Mule
Lavender Simple Syrup
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoon dried culinary lavender
- In a small pot, pour in the water and the lavender and bring to a simmer.
- Add in the sugar, mix, and remove from heat once it’s dissolved.
- Let sit for at least one hour, then strain out the lavender in a mesh strainer or cheese cloth.
- Use in a cocktail or store in the refrigerator (covered) for later use.