These blackberry lemon muffins are fluffy, moist, and packed with amazing flavor. The blackberries burst with juicy, sweet flavor and the lemon perfectly balances out the sweetness with its tart and tangy lemon flavor. These muffins are easy to make and absolutely delicious!
What ingredients do I need to make this recipe?
- All-purpose flour
- Light brown sugar
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Unsalted Butter
- Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- Blackberries (fresh or frozen)
- Powdered Sugar
Can I use a different type of flour?
I have personally only used all-purpose flour for this recipe, so I can’t vouch for any other type of flour!
Should I use fresh or frozen berries?
Either works! It doesn’t make a difference for this recipe. If you are using frozen, don’t thaw them out before using them.
Can I use a different berry?
Yes! I love this recipe with the blackberries, but raspberries or blueberries would also work.
Can I use salted butter?
Ok look, I’m no professional baker. BUT sometimes I use salted butter instead of unsalted for baking if it’s all I have. I don’t really notice much of a difference, but I have not done it specifically for this recipe so the real answer is, I don’t know!
How to make these muffins:
1) Preheat the oven to 400 F.
2) In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt)
3) In a large bowl, beat the eggs, butter, yogurt, lemon juice, and vanilla. Beat until mixture is smooth.
4) Slowly pour the dry ingredients to the egg mixture, stirring as you go. Stir until jut combined, do not over mix!
5) Next, fold in the halved blackberries and lemon zest until evenly distributed throughout the batter. Be careful not to let the blackberries bleed too much, be gentle!
6) In a well greased muffin tin, distribute the batter into each cup, filling them to the top.
7) Bake for 15-18 minutes, until a toothpick can be inserted and comes out clean.
8) Remove from oven and let cool.
9) While muffins cool, make the lemon glaze by mixing together the powdered sugar and lemon juice. Drizzle onto muffins when cool.
If you like this recipe, you might also like:
- Apricot Date Bars
- Berry Croissant Casserole
- Berry Crumble Bars
- Glazed Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
Blackberry Lemon Muffins
For the muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour unpacked
- ¾ cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter softened
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2.5 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- Zest of 1 lemon about 2 tbsp
- 2 cups blackberries halved, fresh or frozen
For the lemon glaze
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
For the muffins
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, butter, yogurt, lemon juice, and vanilla just until smooth.
- Pour the flour mixture into the butter mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Fold in the blackberries and lemon zest carefully until evenly distributed.
- In a well greased muffin pan, scoop the mixture evenly, filling to the top.
- Place muffins in the oven for 15-18 minutes, until a toothpick can be inserted and comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from oven and let cool.
For the glaze
- Mix together the powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
- Once the muffins are cooled, drizzle the glaze over each muffin.