These cupcakes are INSANE, I promise. Plus, the same recipe can be used to make pumpkin bread or muffins. Every time I make them for someone new, they can’t stop raving about them! The secret ingredient makes them extra moist and delicious (read below to find out what it is). Try them out and leave a review, can’t wait to hear what you think!
What ingredients do I need to make this recipe?
- Granulated sugar
- Vegetable oil: Use vegetable oil for this recipe for a neutral oil that won’t affect the flavor.
- Canned pureed pumpkin: Make sure to use 100% pure pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling!
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Pumpkin spice: I just use your typical store-bought pumpkin pie spice, but you can always make your own if you prefer!
- Dry vanilla instant pudding mix: Well, the secret ingredient has been revealed! This makes the cupcakes so moist and fluffy, you don’t want to skip this!
- Butter: I know that I should say to use unsalted butter, but I find that I like the result either way!
- Cream cheese: Make sure to use full-fat cream cheese for the best outcome of the frosting!
- Powdered sugar
Why does this recipe call for instant pudding mix?
The instant pudding powder makes the cake incredibly moist and delicious. It gives it the perfect texture, trust me!
How do I make the cupcakes?
Mix. Mix together the sugar, oil, eggs, and pumpkin. In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, salt, and instant pudding mix.
Combine. Slowly add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture to combine, mixing slowly.
Pour. Pour the mixture into a greased cupcake tin.
Bake. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick can be inserted and comes out clean.
Cool. Let cool before adding frosting
How do I make the cream cheese frosting?
Beat. Beat together the butter, cream cheese, and vanilla.
Mix. Slowly mix in the powdered sugar until thoroughly incorporated.
Spread. Spread on the cupcakes when cooled.
If you like this, you may also like:
- Baked Chai Donuts
- Candied Pecans
- Chai Sugar Cookies
- Mom’s Apple Crisp
- Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- Pumpkin Pecan Crumble
Secret Ingredient Pumpkin Cupcakes
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon instant vanilla pudding mix secret ingredient! don’t skip this, it keeps the cake so moist and delicious!
Cream Cheese Frosting
- ½ cup butter 1 stick - softened
- 8 oz package of cream cheese softened
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups of powdered sugar or more to taste
For the cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine sugar and oil in a large bowl. Then, mix in the eggs and pumpkin.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, salt, and pudding mix.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour the mixture into a cupcake tin (greased or with cupcake liners). Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
For the frosting
- Beat all ingredients together, adding in powdered sugar until it is light and fluffy.
- Spread on cupcakes and enjoy!
Leave a Reply