The alternative to pumpkin pie! This crumble has a pumpkin pie filling with a pecan, oat, and brown sugar topping. It has such a better texture than regular pumpkin pie because of the topping, with all the feel good flavors of traditional pumpkin pie. Give it a try and don’t forget to leave a review!
What ingredients do I need to make this recipe?
Pumpkin purée: Make sure to use 100% pumpkin puree for this recipe!
Brown sugar: For the perfect deep, caramely sweetness this dish need!
Milk of choice: Use unsweetened, any milk you choose!
Pumpkin spice blend: Make it yourself or buy it at the store. I personally buy it to make things easier. I don’t have a recipe for pumpkin pie spice but there are plenty of recipes out there!
Cornstarch: This thickens the filling so it doesn’t fall apart.
Pecans: Chop them up roughly to create the perfect texture!
Butter: Salted or unsalted, I’ve made this with both and don’t notice the difference!
What kind of milk should I use?
I’ve made it with almond milk and oat milk, but any will do! Just make sure it’s unsweetened so the filling doesn’t get too sweet.
Why am I supposed to let this cool before serving?
This crumble is meant to be served similarly to a pumpkin pie. If you cut into it before it cools, it will fall apart. You’ll need to let it set.
Can I use fresh pumpkin instead of canned?
For this recipe, you’ll want to stick with canned. I have only made it with canned so I can’t vouch for fresh, but I have heard that pumpkin pie in general should not be made with fresh pumpkin!
If you like this recipe, you may also like:
Pumpkin Pecan Crumble
- 15 oz can pumpkin purée
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup milk of choice (unsweetened, I use almond milk)
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup brown sugar (packed)
- ½ cup roughly chopped pecans
- ½ cup butter (melted)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Mix all filling ingredients, then scoop into an 8x8 baking pan.
- Bake filling for 20 minutes.
- While the filling is baking, mix topping ingredients.
- After baking the filling for 20 minutes, remove from oven and gently place on the topping.
- Place back in the oven and bake for 30 more minutes or until topping is golden brown.
- Let cool and serve!