An easy, delicious breakfast for when you’re on the go! This simple recipe is perfect to meal prep during a busy week. It’s 5 ingredients, loaded with fiber, vegetarian (easily made vegan with vegan yogurt and milk), and only takes 5 minutes to throw together.
What ingredients do I need to make this recipe?
- Old fashioned oats
- Chia seeds (Feel free to leave these out, but I like the added texture they bring and they add lots of fiber to this breakfast!)
- Berry greek yogurt (the flavor is up to you! I’ve made this with strawberry, mixed berry, and black raspberry yogurts and they have all been delicious!)
- Milk (Any kind, unflavored and unsweetened! I typically use plain almond milk.)
- Fresh berries (for topping)
How long do they keep?
Overnight oats keep for up to 3 days!
Store in the refrigerator in a sealed container (mason jar, tupperware, etc)
Can I use quick oats?
I prefer old fashioned oats because they don’t get as soft as quick oats do. Old fashioned oats maintain the integrity of the oat more when it comes to overnight oats. You can use quick oats, but it changes the texture!
How to make this recipe vegan:
Simply use your favorite vegan yogurt brand and plant-based milk!
Why doesn’t this recipe include a sweetener?
I’ve found that the berry yogurt adds enough sweetness to these oats, but you can always add some of your favorite sweetener (honey, agave, etc) if you think it needs more!
Steps to make berry yogurt overnight oats:
Add the dry ingredients (oats and chia seeds) to your container.
Next, add in the yogurt and milk.
Mix thoroughly, until the mixture is evenly distributed (as seen below).
Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
When you’re ready to eat it, top with your favorite fresh berries and enjoy!
If you like this recipe, you might also like:
- Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
- Cinnamon Almond Granola
- Dirty Chai Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Raspberry Yogurt Cups
Berry Yogurt Overnight Oats
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ⅓ cup milk of choice
- ⅓ cup berry Greek yogurt
- For topping: fresh berries
- Pour oats and chia seeds into a sealable container.
- Mix in yogurt and milk.
- Seal container and place in refrigerator for at least 6 hours.
- Top with fresh berries and enjoy!