What better way to upgrade a cupcake or cake than with a homemade espresso cream cheese frosting?! I’ve used it on cupcakes that I’ve made from the box and it just makes them taste so much better. Or, you could put it on your homemade cupcakes! I love the espresso flavor, it brings out the chocolate in the cupcake. Don’t forget to leave a review!
What ingredients do I need to make this?
- Cream cheese (block, not spreadable)
- Unsalted butter
- Powdered sugar
- Instant espresso
How do I store this?
Just keep it in a sealed container in the refrigerator!
How long does this frosting last?
The frosting lasts until the expiration date of your cream cheese! Just keep it in the fridge until then, but I’ve never seen this stuff last until expiration!
Do I have to use instant espresso?
Yes! You can find it in most grocery stores in the coffee section. You have to use instant espresso otherwise it won’t dissolve into the vanilla.
If you like this recipe, you may also like:
- Bailey’s Espresso Martini
- Chai Sugar Cookies
- Dirty Chai Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Secret Ingredient Pumpkin Cupcakes
Espresso Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 8 oz block of cream cheese not spreadable
- ½ cup 1 stick softened unsalted butter
- 3 teaspoon instant espresso
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Mix the vanilla and instant espresso together until dissolved.
- Beat the cream cheese and butter together until smooth.
- Add in the vanilla mixture, then slowly add in the powdered sugar. Beat until smooth.
- Spread on your dessert or store in the refrigerator!