A delicious, easy, and healthy dinner! The salmon can be made on the stovetop or air fryer and only takes a few minutes. Then, just top the rice with the cooked salmon, fresh vegetables, and a delicious sesame sauce. This perfect salmon vegetable rice bowl is ready in just 20 minutes!
This delicious, easy salmon and rice bowl is perfect for a simple weeknight meal and tastes like you put in a lot of effort!
- Rice (white or brown)
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Rice vinegar
- Toasted sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional (for topping): toasted sesame seeds, chopped green onion, cilantro, sriracha mayo
Remove salmon skin and cut salmon into about 1 inch cubes.
Prepare vegetables: julien carrots, thinly slice cucumber, peel edamame, and dice or slice avocado.
Assemble the bowls by layering the rice, salmon, carrots, cucumber, edamame, and avocado.
Mix all sauce ingredients and drizzle over the rice bowls. Add optional toppings, serve, and enjoy!
Hint: For easier ingredient prep, buy pre-shelled edamame!
- Spicy - top with extra sriracha mayo or chili garlic sauce for a nice kick!
Store the rice, salmon, vegetables, and sauce separately covered in the fridge. When ready to eat, re-heat the rice and then assemble the bowl as directed. No need to reheat the salmon unless you prefer this. Good for 2-3 days.
This meal does not hold up well in the freezer.
Don't overcook the salmon or it will get too tough. You want it to be soft and easily flake with a fork.
Salmon Rice Bowl
- 1 cup uncooked white or brown rice cooked according to package directions
- 1 lb salmon
- 1 large carrot julienned
- 1 medium cucumber thinly sliced
- 1 medium avocado diced or sliced
- 1 cup edamame shelled
- olive oil stovetop method only
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional for topping: toasted sesame seeds, chopped green onion, chopped cilantro, sriracha mayo
For the sesame sauce
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce regular or low sodium
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Remove any skin from the salmon and cut into about 1 inch cubes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add olive oil to a pan on medium high heat, just enough to lightly coat.
- Add salmon, and cook for about 6 minutes until salmon is at desired texture.
Air Fryer Method
- Preheat air fryer to 400F.
- Place the salmon in the air fryer basket and cook for about 6 minutes, until cooked through to desired texture.
For the sesame sauce
- Mix together all sauce ingredients.
- Place the cooked rice in serving bowls.
- Evenly distribute the cooked salmon, carrots, cucumbers, edamame, and avocado on top of the rice.
- Drizzle with the sesame sauce.
- Optional: top with toasted sesame seeds, chopped green onion, chopped cilantro, and/or sriracha mayo