These shrimp tacos are absolutely incredible (if I do say so myself). The chipotle crema is packed with flavor and spice, and the tangy slaw adds just the right amount of flavor and texture. These crema and slaw top of perfectly seasoned, plump shrimp. Make sure not to overcook the shrimp to keep them nice and juicy! Give this recipe a try and don’t forget to leave a review!
What ingredients do I need to make this recipe?
- Red and green cabbage (or slaw mix)
- Plain greek yogurt
- Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Olive oil
- Onion powder
- Dried oregano
- Garlic powder
- Tortillas (I use 6” corn tortillas)
Can I use a different type of fish?
Yes! If you don’t want to use shrimp, you can use tilapia or some other type of white fish.
Can I use taco seasoning instead of all these seasonings?
Yes! You can use 2-3 tablespoons of taco seasoning to replace all the seasonings in the recipe.
What other toppings can I add?
Whatever you like on your tacos! I like to keep these simple because the slaw and crema add so much flavor and I don’t want to over-complicate things, but I also add avocado sometimes.
If you like this recipe, you may also like:
- Ahi Mango Poke Tostadas
- Breakfast Quesadillas
- Ginger Soy Ahi Tuna
- Healthy Taco Salad
- Healthy Taco Soup
- Sheet Pan Fajitas
Chipotle Shrimp Tacos
- 1 lb large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 8-10 tortillas flour or corn
- Fish taco slaw
- Chipotle crema
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toss the shrimp in the olive oil and seasonings.
- Heat a large pan on medium heat, and cook shrimp until they just turn pink.
- Warm the tortillas, and disperse the shrimp over them. Then assemble the tacos, adding on the slaw and the chipotle crema.
- Serve immediately!
Leave a Reply