This breakfast sandwich is packed with protein, fiber, nutrients, and under 400 calories (Just make sure to purchase 100 calorie english muffins if this matters to you, which are at any major grocery store)! The chipotle sauce gives it insane flavor to get your day started right, give it a try and make sure to leave a review!
What ingredients do I need to make this?
- English muffin (All of the below nutrient breakdowns are based on using Thomas’ Light Multigrain English Muffins).
- Turkey bacon (you can use pork bacon as well, but this helps to keep down your saturated fat intake
- Arugula (or lettuce of choice)
- Cheese (Any kind you want! I always use whatever I have in the refrigerator, but cheddar has been my favorite!)
- Spicy Chipotle Sauce
- Green onion
- Olive oil
If I want to make sure that this is under 400 calories, what do I need to look out for?
The only thing that you need to make sure of is that you purchase 100 calorie english muffins! That’s what keeps these under 400 calories, and by using the english muffins recommended above, you get that plus lots of fiber!
How much protein and fiber are in this sandwich?
This breakfast sandwich has just over 20 g of protein and 10 g of fiber! Those two things combined will keep you full for a long time, and get your day started right.
What can I sub for arugula?
If you don’t like arugula, no problem! You can substitute spinach or any lettuce that you prefer.
If you like this recipes, you may also like:
- Breakfast Quesadillas
- Broccoli and Gruyere Mini Quiche
- Chipotle Cauliflower Soup
- Spicy Chicken and Lime Burger
Healthy Chipotle Breakfast Sandwich
- 1 english muffin cut in half lengthwise
- 1 egg
- 1 slice turkey bacon
- ¼ cup arugula
- ¼ of a large avocado or ½ of a small avocado
- ½ ounce cheese of choice
- 1 tablespoon chipotle crema
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toast the english muffin.
- While the muffin is toasting, heat olive oil on a pan on medium heat, and in a separate pan cook the turkey bacon.
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg, green onion, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the egg onto the pan with olive oil and make a half circle shape. Once the egg starts to set, sprinkle the cheese over the egg, and let melt. Once melted and the egg is cooked to your desired texture, flip the egg in half on top of itself so it is a quarter circle shape.
- Remove the egg from the pan and place on english muffin. Spread the chipotle sauce on other half of the english muffin, and top the egg with turkey bacon, arugula, and avocado.
- Place the half of the english muffin with chipotle sauce on top, and you have your delicious breakfast sandwich!