Okay guys, I am telling you these are GOOD. I’ll provide the directions for the air fryer and the oven methods, but if you have an air fryer I definitely recommend using it. Either way you’re going to want to make these! The flavor is out of this world, and it makes the perfect game day snack or appetizer!
What do I need to make this recipe?
- Chicken wings
- Korean BBQ sauce
- Chili oil
- Chili garlic sauce
- Optional for garnish: sesame seeds, chopped green onion
Are these wings spicy?
They definitely have a bite! If you’re worries about the spice, reduce the amount of jalapeño and/or chili garlic sauce in the recipe!
Why do I need to pat the chicken wings dry?
This helps A LOT with getting the wings to be extra crispy, you don’t want to skip this step!
Is this recipe better in the oven or air-fryer?
The recipe is great in both. However, I prefer the air fryer method for the simple reason that it gives that extra crisp that I just can’t seem to get in the oven (plus it’s faster). BUT I have made these in the oven multiple times when making them at my parents who don’t have an air fryer. They are still crispy and delicious!
If you like this recipe, you might also like:
- Cashew Chicken Stir Fry
- Copycat P.F. Chang’s Lettuce Wraps
- Healthier Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Spicy Chicken and Lime Burger
- Thai Chicken Thighs
Crispy Asian Chicken Wings
- 2 lbs trimmed chicken wings
- 1 cup Korean BBQ sauce of your choice
- 2 small jalapeños chopped
- 4 tablespoon chili oil
- 4 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 3-4 garlic cloves crushed or minced
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 teaspoon honey
- Optional for garnish: sesame seeds and chopped green onion
- Pat the chicken wings dry and sprinkle with salt.
If using air fryer:
- Preheat to 400 degrees. Cook chicken wings in air fryer for 10 minutes, then flip and cook for another 10. They should be plenty crispy by then, but if not leave them in until they are at your desired level of crispiness.
If using oven:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then flip and bake for another 20.
- If wings are not crisp enough, leave in until they are at your desired crispiness level.
For both methods:
- While wings are cooking, mix together the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour into a pan on medium-low heat and let cook for about 5 minutes, until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Once the wings are done cooking, toss in sauce until the wings are coated, top with garnish, and enjoy!
Leave a Reply