These mini quiches are light, fluffy, and have the best texture. The crispy bacon and mushroom give it the perfect texture and flavor, you’ll definitely keep making these after trying them.
What kind of bacon should I use?
I use turkey bacon, but use whatever you want! Any kind will work (pork, veggie, etc). It’s whatever you prefer!
Can I use a different type of cheese?
You can, but just be aware that it will change the flavor a lot. So basically, you can use whatever you want but I can’t vouch for what it will taste like!
What kind of milk can I use?
That’s up to you, as long as it’s unsweetened and unflavored! I personally use unsweetened plain almond milk.
Should I make the crust myself?
I don’t and they still taste amazing! If you want to make that, more power to you, but I don’t have a recipe for pie crust, so you’ll have to find that elsewhere.
If you like this recipe, you might also like:
Broccoli and Gruyere Mini Quiches
Bacon and Gruyere Mini Quiches
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts 1 package
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups gruyere cheese shredded
- 8 oz bacon of choice chopped
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- ½ cup cremini mushrooms chopped
- ½ cup milk of choice unsweetened
- ¼ cup green onions chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Grease a muffin tin, and lay the pie crust over the muffin tin, press the crust into the tin, and cut around the edges to form a muffin shape.
- Cook the turkey bacon in a pan, and remove once cooked. Sauté the mushrooms in the same pan with the bacon grease until golden brown.
- Use 1 cup of the gruyere cheese and sprinkle at the bottom of the pie crust.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, pepper, and garlic powder. Then, fold in the mushrooms, spinach, and green onions.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly between each quiche, then sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Place the muffin tin in the oven, and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the tops are golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes then remove the quiches from the muffin tin. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply