Looking for an easy, quick, and delicious appetizer? Look no further! Ready in 15 minutes and made with creamy brie cheese, peppery arugula, salty prosciutto, and sweet pears to make the perfect salad on a stick! Drizzle it with a balsamic glaze as the “dressing” and serve it at your next get together. Give them a try and don’t forget to leave a review!
- Brie cheese: Buttery and creamy brie cheese brings all the flavors together. Leave the rind on to make threading the cheese on the skewer much easier!
- Arugula: What’s a salad without the lettuce? I use arugula for this recipe because it adds a nice peppery flavor to these little salads on a stick.
- Prosciutto: Adds a nice salty touch to this appetizer. If you want to make these vegetarian, you can leave this out! I would add extra arugula if you choose to do this.
- Pear: Whatever type of pear you prefer! I’ve made these with Bartlett and Bosc pears, and they both worked very well.
- Balsamic glaze/reduction: You can find this in any major grocery store. It’s a reduced version of balsamic vinegar, so it’s thicker and won’t drip off the skewers!
What kind of pears should I use?
You can use any type of pear (though I wouldn’t recommend Asian pears). I have used Bartlett and Bosc pears for this recipe and they both work very well in this recipe!
What size skewers should I use?
You’ll need either 3.5” or 4” skewers for this recipe.
Can I leave the prosciutto off of these to make them vegetarian?
Yes! However, the prosciutto adds a nice salty flavor, so I would add a bit of extra flavor by adding some extra balsamic glaze and fill up the extra space on the skewers with extra arugula.
How do I make these?
Cut. Cut the cheese and pears into about ½” pieces.
Thread. Thread the cheese, arugula, prosciutto, and pear on the skewer. I like to use the cheese and pear as the ends (so the arugula and prosciutto would be in the middles) as pictured so the arugula and prosciutto don’t slide off!
Drizzle. Drizzle with balsamic glaze!
Serve. Place the skewers on a plate or platter and serve!
If you like this recipe, you might also like:
- Fall Harvest Salad
- Fig and Prosciutto Crostinis
- Honey Dijon Warm Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Pecan, Apple, and Pomegranate Salad
- Prosciutto Basil Wrapped Peaches
Pear and Brie Salad Skewers
- 8 ounces brie cheese
- 1.5 ounces prosciutto
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 pears
- Balsamic glaze
- Cut pears and brie cheese into about ½ inch cubes.
- On a 3 ½ or 4" skewers, thread the cheese, prosciutto, arugula and pear.
- Repeat until all ingredients are used.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve!