Have you ever wanted a fancy appetizer to impress your friends, but don’t have the time or just don’t feel like making something complicated? This is the perfect appetizer for you! It’s 5 ingredients, incredibly easy to make, and delicious. It’s perfect for summertime with fresh and juicy blackberries to top it off! Give it a try and don’t forget to leave a review!
What ingredients do I need to make this recipe?
- Pizza or flatbread dough: You can make this at home or buy it at the store! I personally use store bought since it makes this recipe incredibly easy.
- Fig jam: To spread as the base on this yummy dish.
- Brie cheese: This creamy, decadent cheese perfectly compliments the other flavors in this dish!
- Blackberries: Cut these in half and sprinkle over the flatbread!
- Arugula: The arugula gives the perfect peppery taste to top off this fancy AF flatbread.
- Optional: hot honey or red pepper flakes for topping
What is the difference between flatbread and pizza dough?
Flatbread dough is unleavened (doesn’t use yeast) so it doesn’t rise like pizza dough does! Either is fine for the purposes of this dish, however I would caution that if you are using pizza dough to roll it out to be pretty thin.
How do I make this recipe?
For this recipe, you’ll first want to lay out your dough (roll out if needed) and spread the fig jam in a thin layer on top of the dough.
Then, place pieces of brie evenly over the flatbread.
Bake until the crust is golden brown.
Then, add the blackberries and arugula and serve!
If you like this recipe, you might also like:
Blackberry and Brie Flatbread
- 14 oz pizza or flatbread dough
- ½ cup fig jam
- 4 oz Brie sliced
- ½ cup blackberries halved
- ½ cup arugula
- Optional for topping: spicy honey, red pepper flaked
- Preheat oven to 425F (or according to dough instructions).
- Spread fig jam evenly over rolled out dough, and place brie evenly over the dough.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes (or according to dough instructions), until dough is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle blackberries and arugula over the pizza.
- Optional: Add spicy honey and/or red pepper flakes
- Cut and serve!
Leave a Reply